Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Let's get emotional girls to all wear mood rings

Now I'm Heels over Head,
I'm hangin upside down

I don't know which way is up.
I don't know which way is down.
Confusion swirls, clouding the way.
my hands flail uselessly
Reaching for the holds that have receded.
Falling into the darkness, watching the light fade away.

shaking wakes me from my stupor
then a pinprick of light blinds me
I see a shape entering the light,
a flowing breeze following
breaking the stagnate air
Blowing fresh freedom into my face

A hand comes from the light,
reaching for me, not quite reaching.
The chains hold me down, pulling me tighter
I struggle, but the darkness has its grip

a sword, picking it up, I hit the chains.
They relinquish then attack, all in the same blink
again and again, I hit, relinquish, attack.
I hit, and pull my arm out reaching for the hand
help me, I'm stuck
our fingertips brush, then the chains pull me down again

both hands are free, I try to push out
they crush my legs, I reach again
reaching, reaching, touching, brushing
not close enough.
The light is closing, I won't make it!
the hand is being pulled back into the light
he can't stay here in the darkness long,
but then... I am not darkness, I am light.
I forgot

light, cracks of light appear on my skin,
breaking the dark crust appart
like the sun to dry dirt
the chains receed from the light coming from me
the light is from me
I am strong enough to fight off this darkness
I just needed a reminder

my sword turns to gold, shining, burning,
slicing through the air connecting with the darkness of chains
they disintegrate, falling into the pit
I reach up, unhindered, gasping his hand, our light bursting
as we met, glowing brighter than possible alone
We light the darkness
freeing others from their chains, their lights bursting from their skin

Grasping hands, making a chain, something to hold
we traverse the darkness together, entering the light
collapsing to the ground, our hands still entertwined
rest at last.

even when everything is going well, something is still going wrong.
Soren, I miss you too. Will you do me a favor?
Sit with someone new tomorrow.
I know it is scary, I know it is not what you do.
But please, look around and find someone you think looks interesting, or maybe you know just a little bit, and sit with them. you don't have to talk to them, you don't have to pretend to like them or anything, but listen to their conversation, answer when you are asked a question. heck, you could even say something on your own. If you don't like sitting alone, do something about it. I know you can, you just have to try, reach for the light and try.
slowly, but surely, I am reaching higher. gaining new friends, at the rate I am going now... one a month. unless it is like physics and i am going one meter per second per second. Then it would be one friend per week per week.... so maybe I will actually get to be asked to homecoming.... but maybe not.
Soren, you are so lucky. Remember that.

No comments: