Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the Moon."

"Life as we know it does not stand still."

Children constantly bring surprise. Jesus gather children around and their tongues were loosed and they spoke marvelous things. I am of the opinion that Children today often have their tongues loosed.
The expression "Out of the mouths of babes..." is very true. children say things we know are true but do not want to admit.
Do not underestimate a child.
After all, Michael Jordan was kicked off of his Jr. High basketball team, and now look where he is.

Not only can children surprise in their knowledge of things, but their emotional intelligence is often beyond that of adults. As they grow older, adults tend to over-complicate and over-think many things in their lives and they take away the ease that was known as a child. Somehow Children get everything they need finished and still have hours of play. Granted they have much less to do, but much of what they do, even chores, are considered play.
I remember when I was young, my best friend and I would have 'Slave time.' We would go to her house or my house and do hard labor (ie. scrub the floors with a scrub brush, clean the tops of the cupboards), and all the while we were imagining.
Work does not have to be hard and flavorless. Maybe imagining yourself as a princess who is forced to clean the castle does not appeal to you, well, then don't do that. Maybe just pretend you are having fun. Pretend you are the worlds best singer and turn on some music as loud as you want and belt it out as you work.
When you feel self-conscience just remember... "When in doubt, Fake 'em out!" Act like you are the Belle of the ball and you will be, everyone will see you that way.
Act as if you have all the confidence in the world, you will gain it.
"When ever I feel afraid, I hold my head erect, and whistle a happy tune, and no one will suspect I'm afraid." - The King and I.
Do not set limits for yourself. Goals are great, but make sure you remind yourself that you can work past your goals.
I leave you with a final quote from an unlikely source.

"It's amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can do." - Garfeild.

No comments: